'Weather-Proof' Your Workouts With The Right Gear
As temperatures drop, many folks are forced to move their workouts indoors to stationary bicycles and treadmills - boring! Fortunately, with the right layers, you can stay warm throughout the winter so you can hit the roads, trails, and parks without worry. "Weather proof" your workouts with these tips:
Mid layer: A good mid-layer will allow you to control body temperature with a zipper, buttons, draw-strings, etc. It should also be able to fit underneath an additional outer-layer.
4. Without Walls Fleece Half-Zip Top - $78 (Right)
5. Brooks Women's Essential LS 1/2 Zip III - $65 (Center)
6. NIKE Element Half-Zip - $65 (Left)
Outer layers can get a little pricey but in freezing temperatures, they're quite necessary. A good outer layer will last for a while so don't feel bad about making the investment. Look for an outer layer with thermo and/or wind breaking technology.
7.Newline Imotion Cross Jacket - $114 (Right)
8. NIKE Shield Flash Running Jacket - $350 (Left)
9. MYTHOS 2.0 Windstopper® Soft Shell LADY Jacket - $200 (Center)
10. NIKE Thermal Women's Running Tights - $75
11. New Balance Glow Beacon Vest - $135
12. The Northface Isotherm Windstopper® Tights - $140 [Pictured in header]
Do you have favorite winter gear that isn't listed here? Share them in the comments section below!