What To Do When You Lack Motivation
Have you ever woke up and said to yourself “I’ll work out this evening”? Sure you have! But instead, you find yourself on the couch in front of the TV watching Sex and the City reruns. What happened? Did you lose energy at work? Get stuck in traffic driving home? Or maybe you just weren’t up to it anymore?
There could be a number of reasons why you lose motivation but let’s focus on what to do to get it back:
- If you plan to exercise after work, pack your gym bag and take it with you. If you have to go home to change into workout clothes, you may not have the energy to go back out.
- Create and update a fitness calendar to keep you on schedule with your workouts.
- Workout in the morning if you can. Studies have shown that it’s better to workout in the morning because that is when you have the most energy.
- Set realistic workout goals. Setting unrealistic expectations may cause you to lose motivation about a task before it even begins.
- Plan to workout with a partner. The both of you can hold each other accountable to start and complete a workout. Or hire a Personal Fitness Trainer.
No more excuses! Get off the couch and keep hope alive. If you believe in yourself and your goals, staying motivated will be worth it. Remember, motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going.