5 Things You Need To Know About Tonight's Run
Happy Birthday City Fit Girls Run Club!! It's been one heck of a year and we couldn't be more excited about tonight's Birthday Cross-Training Run with Nike! If you're in Philadelphia and plan to join us, YAY! We're anticipating an awesome night of sweat and fun! If you RSVP'd in the Facebook event, you have most of the details but here's what you need to know to make the most of today's party....
- It's a cross-training run. This means that in addition to running 3 miles, you'll make a few pit stops along the way to do a couple of workouts. THIS WILL NOT BE AN EASY RUN. If you've never run 3 miles before, this run/workout will be difficult for you.
- First come, first serve! Nike's allowing us to test wear the Nike Air Zoom Collection. We encourage you to try a new shoe but recommend you show up at least 15 minutes early to swap for your size.
- It's going to be HOT! Know YOUR limits and prepare accordingly. Make sure you drink water before coming to the run and bring a water bottle along the run with you. Water will also be available at the END of the run. Wondering what to wear? Shorts and tank tops/short sleeve shirts are recommended.
- Your Group Leaders are AMAZING. You'll be divided into three pacing groups to help make your experience safe and enjoyable. Each group will have two group leaders who will be available to answer questions and guide you along the way.
- Seriously, have fun and meet NEW people. It's easy to hang out with your friends but you'll make the most out of tonight by introducing yourself and chatting with someone new. Cheer someone on during the run/workout, dance to your favorite song together and just be prepared to have a good time.
So cheers to good runs and good vibes! Below you'll find tonight's route map -- don't worry about printing it, we'll have copies available at tonight's run.
Start: Philadelphia Runner 1601 Sansom Street (promptly at 6:30PM) If you are not there by 6:30, your belongings will NOT be transported to the after party.
End: Philadelphia Runner 3621 Walnut Street
Refreshments: Please note that there will be light refreshments (sweetgreen, cake, Little Baby's Ice Cream, and more) AFTER the run but they are also first come, first serve.