We're Celebrating The Women in Our Community!
By Takia McClendon
This March, we'll be telling the stories of 31 women in the City Fit Girls community to spread the message that women who are interested in fitness/wellness do not all look the same or share the same experience (despite what magazines may tell us). We want to continue to make City Fit Girls accessible for all women no matter their race, pace, age, body type, sexual orientation, income level, etc.
You may also like: Community check-in: We still have work to do
How it works: Each day throughout the month, we'll be sharing one post about a different woman in the City Fit Girls community via Instagram and Facebook. It is our hope that each unique story can impact someone who may be on the fence about starting or continuing their fitness/wellness journey. Want in on the fun? Keep reading...
Want to share your story? There are two ways to get involved!
1. Since there are only 31 days in the month of March, we won't be able to tell everyone's story on our Instagram but we encourage you to participate by answering one of the following questions on your own Instagram account and using the #cityfitgirls.
- Why did you follow/join City Fit Girls?
- Did you have a defining moment that peaked your interest in fitness/wellness?
- What has been your biggest personal accomplishment in fitness/wellness?
- What has been your biggest challenge in fitness/wellness? How did you overcome it?
- If you could give advice to someone who just started their fitness/wellness journey, what would it be?
2. If you'd like us to share your story on the City Fit Girls account, please click the 'Learn More' button below. You will be asked to answer all of questions using 1-3 sentences. If selected, we will pick one of your answers and follow up with an email asking for a high quality digital photo.
We're looking forward to learning more about you!
Takia McClendon is the co-founder of City Fit Girls. She's a shoe expert and manager at a running store in Philadelphia and a Certified Level 1 USATF Coach. Follow her online at @takiamcclendon.
Want training tips delivered to your inbox every Monday morning? Sign up here.