5 Reasons We're Excited about the Runner's World Half & Festival
By Takia McClendon
Sponsored Post: Kiera and I were invited to be a part of the Runner's World Half Crew and will be heading to Bethlehem, PA in October to participate in the Runner's World Half Weekend events on behalf of Runner's World Magazine.
A few months ago, we posted a list of upcoming fall races that you should look out for. If you're still looking for a fall 5K, 10K, half-marathon or trail race, you may be interested in the Runner's World Half & Festival kicking off in Bethlehem, PA on October 20, 2017.
We're excited to announce that all City Fit Girls receive a 10% off discount on their race entry fee when they use the code CITYFITGIRLS during checkout.
If that's not enough to get you excited about the race, check out our 5 reasons to get excited:
1. Weekend getaway? Yes, please: If you're anything like us, traveling for a race is the perfect reason to escape reality for a weekend. We're excited to explore Bethlehem's historic sites, shopping districts, live music and local spas. You can learn more about what to do in Bethlehem here.
2. The race options: Yes, the event is called Runner's World Half but there are options for everyone! If you'd rather run a 5K, 10K, or 3.8 mile trail race, Runner's World has you covered. I have my eyes set on the 10K but I'll make a final decision in a few weeks. Stay tuned...
3. The seminars: The seminars are basically Runner's World magazine in real life form. Whether you're looking to run injury-free, run while pregnant, learn self defense or you're a beginner to long distance running, there's a seminar that will spark your interest. Most sessions will be held at the ArtsQuest Center at SteelStacks (one home plant of Bethlehem Steel, the second largest steel manufacturer in the nation). Check out the full list of seminars here.
4. The weather: The average October morning temperature in Bethlehem is in the 40s and the afternoon temps usually float around the 60s. This means we'll have great running and post-party weather.
5. The Pasta Dinner: Using recipes from books like Run Fast, Eat Slow, the race festivals offers two dinner seatings to participants. This year's menu includes roasted curry cauliflower, garlicky greens, recovery quinoa salad, penne pasta with turkey-feta meatballs and marathon lasagna.
Remember, City Fit Girls save 10% on registration when you use the code CITYFITGIRLS during checkout. Click the button below to learn more about Runner's World Half & Festival Weekend.
Takia McClendon is the co-founder of City Fit Girls. She's a shoe expert and manager at a running store in Philadelphia and a Certified Level 1 USATF Coach. Follow her online at @takiamcclendon.
Want training tips delivered to your inbox every Monday morning? Sign up here.
Learn more about City Fit Girls' Personal Best Half-Marathon Program here.