FitRetreat is a fun-filled day of your favorite fitness classes and workshops topped off with massages, mental wellness workshops and more. This event is all about setting -- and crushing -- your fitness, wellness, and professional goals. Below you'll find all the information you need to conquer FitRetreat Weekend. As a reminder, tickets for FitRetreat 2018 are SOLD OUT!
friday, August 17th 5:00PM - 7:30PM
Pre-Registration Party: This year, we're kicking off FitRetreat at Riva Health & Wellness! Pack your swim suits, cute towels, sunglasses, sunscreen and donut floats because we're having a pool party! Wine? Yes, please! Mocktails? You know it! Connect with other attendees, pick-up your FitRetreat tank, and enjoy an evening of good vibes and good energy with other City Fit Girls.
Location: Riva Health + Wellness is located at 1 Brown St Suite C, Philadelphia, PA 19123. LIMITED parking is available. We encourage you to use public transportation, rideshare or car pool to the event.
Remember, the pre-registration party is a great way to check in for Saturday's event. By attending the pre-registration party, you can skip the line on Saturday morning and head straight to the coffee and light breakfast. Can't make Friday night? No worries. You can check in on Saturday morning.
SaturDAY, AUGUST 18TH 8:00aM - 3:00PM
8:00AM-8:30AM - Registration: We'll start the morning with a LIGHT breakfast provided by Melanie's Medleys and coffee from a local cafe. If you haven't done so already, check in to sign your waiver, pick up your shirt and get a copy of the event schedule. It's going to be a great day!
Shoe Demo All-Morning: On, Our Apparel & Footwear Sponsor, will be around throughout the morning to demo running and training shoes to get you through your workouts. Be sure to snag lots of photos and let them know what you think of the shoes on social media!
8:25 AM - Kickoff: We'll kick off the day and send you to your first round of classes! BYOM = Bring your own yoga mat (if you need one)
8:45AM - 9:30AM
The Lions FITNESS Party with Gwi & Wayne - 2nd floor
Come join "The Lions" Gwi and Wayne for the opening bootcamp of FitRetreat 2018 featuring fire beats from Philly legend DJ Craig Dash! The bootcamp will be a high-intensity, booty-building, plyo-packed, cardio interval training circuit style workout, with the Lions signature dance breaks to keep you sweating, moving and most importantly having fun!
All Levels Power Yoga with Jung - the patio
A Yoga Habit signature power yoga flow full of movement and breath. Expect to be challenged physically and encouraged to not take yourself too seriously. These classes are meant to be fun and flexible. You will feel energized, clear, and connected to better go with the flow in all aspects of your life.
Jung is a yoga instructor at Yoga Habit.
Power to the She with Veronica - 3rd floor
The future is female. And the future looks strong. Strength training is an essential part of any fitness routine. This session will hit major muscle groups including the glutes, lats, and core, which are the main drivers of stability, power, and performance. As an added bonus, participants will learn how to put together their own complete strength training routine.
9:45AM - 10:30AM
Grind time with Leroy & Donnie - 2nd floor
Get ready for a HIIT [high-intensity interval training] style circuit training to maximize your workout results, motivate you to live outside your comfort zone and train the mental faculties required to turn life's curveballs into home-runs.
Leroy and Donnie are both trainers at Unite Fitness.
Dope Flow Yoga with Sheena- the patio
This power vinyasa style yoga session will heat you up, hype you up and turn you out as we flow to a playlist stacked with the hottest beats. Leave feeling strong, full of power and unbothered! All your favorite asanas freaked out just a bit to make for lots of fun as you reclaim your time on the mat.
Never Give Up (NGU) Zone With Madison- 3rd floor
The invincible match between cardio and strength allows each athlete to work through this workout at their own pace. The interval training and the weight circuits each athlete will complete are designed to maximize fat burning, burn more calories and build the muscle and strength you want to reach your personal goals.
Madison is a trainer at Never Give Up - Manayunk.
Take a Chill Pill - Session A: The doctor is in the house. Sports Cardiology and Fitness Physicians from the University of Pennsylvania will be on-site to have a Q&A discussion about exercise, heart health, fitness for weight loss and more. Don't miss your chance to chat with a healthcare professional. Meet on the 6th Floor.
10:45AM - 11:30AM
Baller with Dana & T'eyena - 2nd floor
This workout will give you [fitness] baller status with killer moves for a hardcore muscle burn. Using a 9” ball, we'll sculpt, tighten and tone your glutes and abs from every angle, in creative and challenging ways. It’s so much fun, you’ll ALMOST forget about the pain! Be prepared to learn and love some new moves, feel some awesome muscle shakes…and have a few laughs!
Dana & T'eyena are both instructors at Freehouse Fitness.
BYOM. Exercise balls will be for sale after session [$9]. Limited Spaces.
Igniting Flow with Larkin - the patio
Get ready for an accessible and empowering vinyasa ("flow") that will focus on uncovering breath, build core stability, and ease fatigue in over-worked pockets of the body. You'll explore hip and shoulder openers, and lengthen your hamstrings, IT bands, and side body. This is a great session for those who are interesting in exploring breath-powered movement, and want to compliment their cross-training with a dose of yoga.
Larkin is the Co-Founder of Lumos Yoga & Barre.
Embrace Your Fit Bootcamp with Shay & Jordyn - 3rd floor
This will be our final bootcamp style workout for the day. A motivational and inclusive bootcamp that combines cardio and body weight resistance training with fun and challenging high-intensity circuits.
Take a Chill Pill - Session B: The doctor is in the house. Sports Cardiology and Fitness Physicians from the University of Pennsylvania will be on-site to have a Q&A discussion about exercise, heart health, fitness for weight loss and more. Don't miss your chance to chat with a healthcare professional. Meet on the 6th floor.
11:30AM - 12:45PM
Lunch by sweetgreen
You deserve it. After working hard all morning, it's time to retreat. First, grab your lunch provided by sweetgreen - there will be options for everyone. Then grab a water by our hydration sponsors, Propel, and head over to the mini-bar for a mimosa or mocktail. This will be the perfect time to grab a massage, connect with our instructors/vendors, make new friends, update your social media and dance to your favorite songs before we head to the Patio for the final portion of the day.
1:00pM - 1:15PM
Group Meditation with Vitality
As we transition into the wellness talks, all 200 attendees (we're going to be so zen) will go through a mini-meditation session hosted by our friends from Vitality Meditation Studio. This powerful and calming session will go through various breathing techniques used to combat stress and allow you to become more present, balanced and revitalized for the final sessions of the day.
1:15pM - 1:55PM
Let's Get Personal: A Real Conversation About Diet, Nutrition, and Eating
There is no topic more confusing in the health and fitness space than nutrition. Our food choices are personal and sometimes our diets are a part of our identities. With hundreds of diets to choose from, navigating what is "good" or "bad" for you can be overwhelming. In addition to the confusing and sometimes conflicting information that's available to us, some of us deal with other issues including but not limited to "yo-yo diets", emotional eating or eating disorders. This conversation will answer some of your pressing questions about diet, nutrition and emotional eating.
About the Panelists:
- Adriana [Moderator] has been practicing yoga with dedication since 2011. She completed her first teacher training in 2015, and is currently working towards her RYT-500 at Three Queens Yoga. Adriana is the creator of Namaslay- a class that fuses the physical practice with a great, diva-filed playlist and yoga philosophy to investigate self love and our inner luminosity. Outside the studio, Adriana finds joy in eating and cooking without rules and with her intuition, talking about equity, justice, and sustainable change.
- Jessica is Self-Love Mentor and Emotional Eating Healer on a mission to help others use food as fuel rather than using it as a way to cope, numb or escape their busy, stressful lives. She created Escape From Emotional Eating® from her own experience, being an emotional eater and years of dedicated research investigating every nook and cranny of our relationship with food. She got to the root of why diets don't work and what to do instead. Her personal experience, having walked in your shoes, and finally finding freedom and peace with food, is what she brings to her work.
- Jennifer is a Certified Integrative Nutrition Coach. She has studied more than 100 dietary theories and a variety of coaching methods and has learned under some of the world's top health and wellness experts. In working with hundreds of clients, she created the Stop. Dieting. Forever. ™ formula that teaches women in their 40s how to get off of the diet roller coaster for good through a series of practical steps and a shift in mindset.
- Kellsey is a Registered Dietitian at Drexel University. She received her Bachelor's Degree in Kinesiology from James Madison University, and her Master's Degree in Nutrition from Drexel. Kellsey specializes in sports nutrition and also serves as the Sports Dietitian for Philadelphia Runner.
2:00pM - 2:40PM
You Are Enough: How to Overcome Self-Doubt and Get Out of Your Own Head
Raise your hand if you've ever experienced self-doubt. Whether it's imposter syndrome, feeling like you're "not good enough", not meeting your health/wellness goals, or uncertainty about "what you're doing with your life", this conversation is going to leave you feeling empowered and send you off feeling like you can take on the world. We tapped our network to reach women from different walks of life to chat with you about overcoming the mental obstacles that may get in the way of you living your best life.
About the Panelists:
- Ronnie [Moderator] is a professional model and health/fitness enthusiast. She co-founded a wellness community, Vibes & Vinyasa, that curates monthly yoga experiences promoting self-care, balanced living, strength, and positive body image!
- Alanna is an Individual and Relationship Therapist by day, and a Fitness pro by night working to holistically improve the quality of her clients lives and relationships in the city of Philadelphia.
- Shoshana is the owner BPM Fitness. She got her start in the fitness industry in 2010, as an indoor cycling instructor. She also helped open and became General Manager (GM) of Philly's first indoor cycling studio, Body Cycle Studio. Truth be told, she was clueless and had no idea what a GM meant, what was involved, but what she did know is that she wanted to do the absolute best job possible. Not just for herself, but for her team and for her riders. You can often find her dancing to any and all music, hanging out with her superman husband, and snuggling her adopted pitty, Ella.
- Nina is an international entrepreneur, success coach, author, and speaker. She is the wife to a loving husband Paul Moorer, and a proud mother of four beautiful children, and Glam Ma to a beautiful baby girl named Hendrix. However the beginning of motherhood started at the age of 15 when she was told she had ruined her life. Nina was plagued for years by the weight of shame and guilt so the challenge then became to prove everyone wrong and Nina did just that.
FitRetreat 2018 Closing
We start together, we finish together. We'll close out the day as a group (group photo, anyone?) and leave FitRetreat with new connections, positive mindset and actionable tips to take out into the real world.